An important message regarding COVID-19
Just like you, The Team at Endodontic Specialists, are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). This is clearly an unprecedented time!
Please note we have suspended all routine and non-essential visits and are addressing the needs of emergency patients only, those patients that have uncontrolled pain and/or swelling.
We wanted to reach out and let you know that we are available for existing and/or referred patients for telephone conferencing to help you manage your pain and/or swelling.
For existing/referred patients that cannot be controlled by pharmacological means we will be happy to accept you into our office IF you fulfill the criteria for a true emergency and do not exhibit flu like symptoms such as cough, sore throat, runny nose or fever. In addition patients that have returned from international travel within the past 14 days and/or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be seen in the office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE IN A DYNAMICALLY CHANGING ENVIRONMENT AND THIS MAY CHANGE DAY TO DAY.
As always the care of our patients is our primary concern.
Please call our main number, 416 963-9988, and if we are unavailable, tell the answering service who you are looking for and we will get back to you so we can actively address your needs.
Our practice undertakes industry best-in-class infection prevention and control measures, and we strongly believe that with sufficient protective measures in place, a dental practice represents a safe and low-risk environment for our patients.
For all patient visits, we:
- Perform a risk assessment and screen all patients in advance of the appointment and upon arrival at the clinic
- Observe meticulous hand hygiene practices throughout the day and hand washing before putting on PPE (personal protective equipment) or handling anything that the patient may handle
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment during the appointment and interactions with patients and their environment, such as gloves, mask, eye protection, and gowns, as required
Between patient visits, we:
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize all instruments
- Wipe all operatory surfaces with disinfectant
In the reception area, we:
- Disinfect all counters and surfaces
- Make antibacterial hand rub available
At least daily, we:
- Empty standard garbage receptacles and change liners
- Clean floors (vacuum/dry mop and wet mop)
- Clean and disinfect high touch wall features (light switches, thermostat, door handles, ledges, etc.)
- Clean reception area, administrative areas and rooms
- Clean and disinfect all bathrooms
We keenly recognize our shared obligation and duty to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff and the broader community.